Youth Access Fund
YOUTH ACCESS FUND
Outward Bound Canada’s Youth Access Fund was created to reduce financial barriers to Outward Bound Canada expedition programs for youth across the country. The Youth Access Fund is a grant that subsidizes the cost of the Outward Bound Canada course fee. The model is based on financial need and a ‘pay what you can’ approach. Many of our courses listed in our “Course Finder” are eligible for a grant under the Youth Access Fund. Contact us if you would like to confirm that your course of interest is eligible for a Youth Access Fund grant.
ELIGIBILITY: YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY IF YOU:
- Are between 12 and 25 years old
- Currently reside in Canada
- Fit into the household income criteria scale, which can be found here.
- Are motivated to attend the course!
There is no deadline to apply – applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds are available. First-time applicants receive priority.
How to Apply:
- Choose your course (check out our Course Finder for options)
- Read the Youth Access Fund Information package and determine if you are eligible to apply
- Fill out the form associated with the course
- Submit your completed Youth Access Fund on our Outward Bound Canada Registration Portal or contact us to request a paper copy.
- Click here to download our Fundraising Toolkit – fundraising for your course is encouraged, and fun!
- Click here to download the Youth Access Fund Information Package
1-888-688-9273 ext. 211 or 222